Sunday, October 26, 2008

Carlisle, PA - All bundled up and nowhere to go

It seems like things just haven't been working out with work. I got a work assignment that, had it come in a few hours earlier, I could have made the pick up Friday evening and parked at a shipper. Instead, because I was told to just find "any truck stop" I ended up going 250 miles in the wrong direction. Specifically, I went to the nearest place that I knew would have parking because dispatch hadn't given me any information on a load, then I got an assignment to go up to Philadelphia after I'd already gone down to Norfolk, VA. Had they bothered assigning me that two hours earlier, I could have earned two full days of layover; instead, I get about 42 hours. I'll still be catching up on sleep, at least.

After I get out of here tomorrow morning, I'll be going down to North Carolina. The delivery appointment isn't until Tuesday morning, so I still have some time to spare, but I do want to get down there so I don't have to get up exceptionally early for the appointment. I just hope they can find me something better than this soon, since 550 miles in three days is not very productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment