Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Satsuma, AL

1:15PM - Ugh. I got to Kimberly Clark in Mobile and picked up my load without too much trouble, though it wasn't in the yard they normally keep our trailers at. This trailer is in pretty rough shape, though; there are two tires that only just met DOT specifications and the tandem slider barely worked the first time I tried it. So what's the problem? The tandems didn't move after I scaled the load and found I am 100 pounds overweight on the trailer. While I've dealt with worse things before, I sent in an overweight message, waited half an hour, then after not getting a response called operations. Rather than telling me to run with it (as I've been told to in the past), they warned me that if I got a ticket I'm responsible for it and suggested I call road repair. So now I'm on hold waiting for them to answer the phone. At least that Bluetooth-enabled CB radio is working out nicely; it's a fantastically loud speaker for when I'm waiting on hold, saving me the trouble of holding a phone up to my head.

1:45PM - That was a long time to accomplish next to nothing. I was told to go to a place 25 miles away to get this fixed, so I'm going well out of my way; hopefully I can at least get credit for driving down there. And I really hope that the place I'm delivering to will allow me to park since I'm waiting on a load to come out of there; I'm going to have one heck of a time finding parking tonight if they don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment