Saturday, August 23, 2008

Atlanta, GA

I'm too tired to write in all the details, but here's the short version of what had me so worked up last night. Instead of being shut down while waiting for my truck to get through a PM, they ended up assigning me another load. I then find out from support shift that I'm supposed to pick up a loaner truck, something that nobody had bothered to tell me until after I had planned to get the work done on my tractor. So I went to the shop to have them write my truck up, only to be told that since it wouldn't be ready until Tuesday afternoon, it would no longer be assigned to me by the time they finished the work; Schneider only lets drivers stay assigned to their truck if they're not gone more than five days. So, in other words, the shop figured that whatever loaner I was assigned would be a permanent change. This is what had me so irate last night: changes like this are not something I should find out from the weekend shift in the tractor shop.

I ended up calling in this morning to get the mess straightened out. Turns out that the truck I'm temporarily assigned to is part of a special program we have and, as such, it would have to be back here by Wednesday morning anyway. They're going to do everything they can to route me back here Monday evening; if that happens, I'll be taking tomorrow to deliver a load, then coming right back here on Monday, though I'm still not holding my breath about that. I'm also not sure how this is going to change the situation for time at home, since I'm scheduled to be done on Wednesday and I've a weird feeling that it's not going to work very smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment