Thursday, August 28, 2008

Atlanta, GA - Going nowhere, slowly

I never did find out who took my time at home out of the computer, though supposedly operations is going to look into it. I also was told that the load I was assigned - with a live unload that would keep me 180 miles from home until 10 AM Friday - would be the best they could possibly do for me. I've told them that I could get it there at 4 PM or so today, assuming the place has any afternoon receiving hours, though it looks very unlikely that I'll be able to deliver it then. If they reschedule it for some ridiculously early hour of the morning, I'll go back to sleep and drive all night to get there. Operations once again promised that I'd get to go home, since apparently they'll let me bobtail anywhere under 200 miles to get home. In other words, Atlanta is 37 miles too far away for them to just send me directly home.

I don't know what's going to happen at this point but none of it is good.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully they figure everything out, and you were able to have the mechanics with your truck sign off on whatever work they supposedly did or didn't do. I know that's definately important, incase something were to happen x.o;

    At least let us know when/if this is straightened out. I'm about to head to bed and get ready for work later this evening, so take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete