Monday, August 11, 2008

Riviera Beach, FL

Getting unloaded now, but they said it's going to be two and a half hours. Given that the trailer was overloaded and several boxes were ready to fall out when I opened the door, it wouldn't surprise me if they take longer, but they certainly seem to be working quickly. In any case, the guy working receiving has a serious attitude problem; he started yelling at me about being late as I climbed out to look for the receiving office, then started cursing at me when I didn't immediately move the truck and open the other door after they restacked the freight that was going to fall over. I showed as much restraint as possibly could have by simply saying I don't appreciate his language and that I'd like to keep things civil; I didn't even listen to anything else he said after that.

In any case, I have another assignment already, this one good for a thousand miles. It's a live load early this afternoon; hopefully I'll be able to get there on time for that, but not so early that they chew me out for arriving too early. There's exactly nowhere to stop along the way - there isn't even a rest area - so I'll have to go straight down there and hope they let me wait there if they're not ready for me. If not, I have no idea what I can do; the nearest parking is about 30 miles north of here and the place I'm going is 70 miles south. At least my next run is easy to plan for: straight up I-95. I just hope that I can find a truck stop along the way; there aren't that many along that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment