Thursday, August 28, 2008

Atlanta, GA - Who says you can't go home?

I have no idea how this is possible, but when I called in from the OC to complain that the run I'd been assigned wasn't going to get me any closer to home, I was told that I didn't have any time at home in the computer. Someone apparently deleted my request and, as such, apparently nobody knew that I was supposed to be home yesterday; the only request in the computer was to be routed through Atlanta to return the loaner truck. I have my alarm set for 7 AM and I'm not leaving the operating center here until this mess is sorted out. So far, I've gotten nothing but lies from the trip planners this week and I am completely exasperated by their inability to give me a single correct, honest piece of information. In short: I'm going to call and whine that I want to go home since, apparently, that's about the only way I'm going to get sent home at all.

In (somewhat) related news, the shop here in Atlanta sucks. Even given five days to work on my truck, the only thing they fixed were the windshield wipers. I'm going to walk over there in the morning to get a print out of what exactly was fixed and, hopefully, an explanation of why certain things weren't fixed. Most worryingly, three of my tires are still in questionable condition; I'm certain that one of them wouldn't pass a DOT inspection. If there's no note about the tires at all on the shop's report, I'm going to have someone from the shop take a good, long look at it and, if he still insists that it doesn't need repair or replacement, have him sign my logbook as verification that I had a mechanic inspect it.

Before any of this, though, I'm going to bed; hopefully six hours of sleep will at least get me through the day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment