Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Carlisle, PA

Another day, another five hundred miles. I've actually worked my full seventy hours in the last eight days; tomorrow, I only have the 7.75 hours I'm picking up at midnight. I have a delivery appointment scheduled for 6PM, though, which presents a fascinating dilemma. I have three options: leave here the moment my break is up and risk being turned away and missing the appointment later, take the current appointment and risk not finding parking at a truck stop, or call operations first thing in the morning and try to get them to move it up. I'm going with number three, since that still saves me about four hours.

Even better, though, is that I already have the load that's going to get me home. After I get unloaded, I have about 50 miles to drive to pick it up, though I probably will take my break on the way there. I just swap trailers at that point, scale the load to double-check the weight, then drive toward Charlotte or Atlanta for another break. I'll be able to get home either early in the morning on July 4 if I get unloaded early or around noon if I don't. Either way, I'm actually getting back on the day I requested, which is a very pleasant surprise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment