Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Troutville, VA

Wednesday, 6:20PM; Salem, VA - Just for the record, I love the name of this city. :)

Anyway, joking aside, since I couldn't get the appointment moved up, I arrived down here around 5:30PM eastern, still half an hour before my appointment. I still have no idea how I made up so much time; I took a rather lengthy lunch break. I'll let regulatory figure it out if I ended up cheating somewhere without realizing it. They're unloading the truck right now and, soon as they're done, I'm going to head directly to a truck stop to take my DOT break. Soon as that's up, I'll pick up one last load and take it to a drop yard before going home. I should be getting there around noon on Friday, give or take a couple hours. I've already packed nearly everything; all I have to do is grab a couple of final items (such as my TV and video games), hop in the car, and head home.



Wednesday, 8:10PM - With a few minor hiccups, I've managed to find parking at a truck stop about fifteen miles back toward where I'm going. I'm parked next to the scale in a no parking zone, but someone who works here actually told me to park there. So I'm on break now. I'll be leaving from here in the morning as soon as my 10 hour break is up, picking up this load, coming back down here to scale it out, then stopping in Charlotte for fuel, lunch, and possibly my break; I haven't decided yet whether or not to stop there or push on toward Atlanta. I'll be pushing my luck a little in trying to make Atlanta, but it'll leave me just 250 miles to go tomorrow if I can make it. At worst, I can just find another truck stop on the way and park there. Here's hoping that isn't necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment