Friday, July 4, 2008

Troutville, VA

Yep, I'm still here. Why? Because operations has screwed things up so badly. I called in the morning and, apparently, they have only two loads in the entire state of Virginia today, neither of which could get me home. Worse, I found out that the load I've been assigned wasn't a typo when it said my pickup window started at 2349; the load won't be ready until late tonight. At least they confirmed that I could pick it up early tomorrow morning and it'll be okay. However, they originally said that dropping it in Charlotte isn't going to help; we don't have any freight there either! There's another driver with a load going to Mobile; if he agrees to swap freight, I can drop the load down there, take the truck back to my usual park location, then finally drive home. Even if that happens, though, it won't be until Sunday since there's likely no way I can drive all the way from Charlotte to Mobile to where I park on Saturday.

On the bright side, because of how badly this has gotten screwed up, operations is giving me two days worth of layover pay. So for sitting on my rear, I'm getting $160. While I'd rather be home than getting paid for wasting my time at a truck stop, I can't complain too much about getting two days worth of layover for a delay of roughly 36 hours. I'll type up additional posts if anything else happens, but I really hope that this is the end of it and that I'll finally be on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment