Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bedford, PA

I never thought I'd be stopping at a Wal-Mart for the night, but apparently the distribution center here also doubles as an operating center. I was originally going to just pick up an empty trailer from here and hope I made it to another truck stop before time ran out for the night, but instead I'm parked here and will comfortably be able to make Indianapolis tomorrow afternoon. I'll be getting there a little later than I might like, but at least I'll be there without having to get cute with my logbook.

The last few days have been pretty much hell. Support shift has continued to screw with my work assignments, given me conflicting information, and generally just made my day very unpleasant. Yesterday, I was given an assignment based on outdated information, though even if that information held up I don't see how I'd ever have been able to make the load on time. Instead, I would have been nine hours late. I was told last night that it was an open delivery appointment, even though my work assignment said at 9 AM; any time that day would have been acceptable. I planned based on that information and updated operations. Then, while driving today, I got taken off that load. So I stopped again, updated them with correct information before they could screw up once more. This time, they finally gave me an assignment I could legally make. Sure, it doesn't deliver until Tuesday morning, up near Chicago, but that just means I'll be able to take a day off and possibly even get paid for it.

So, despite the cosmic pain in the butt the last few days have been, I think that things are going to improve markedly over the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment