Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Carlisle, PA

Yesterday was a nice, short day. I woke up early, headed into New Jersey on I-95... and hit bumper to bumper traffic that had me going nine miles an hour. As in I was held up for an hour and the traffic jam was nine miles long. Ugh. At least once I got to the I-295 split, it cleared up considerably and I was able to go full speed. I picked up an empty, headed over to Philadelphia, and picked up my load. Due to the traffic, I got there right at noon for my appointment; I don't like cutting it that close, but at least I wasn't late and got out of there within an hour. Amusingly, the load is only five pallets and weighs 1,550 pounds; it's the third lightest load I've had.

I could have gone further than Carlisle yesterday. I also could have gone anywhere today. But I wanted to get a shower, some decent food, and relax a little while I can afford to do so. I'll update operations before bed by putting in that I'll deliver it tomorrow afternoon and probably go right on break again, pushing myself out 'til Friday morning. They haven't complained about me doing that (yet), probably because they know that I generally am not physically or psychologically up to working more hours than I show. Lately it's been mostly psychological; I've just really not felt the desire to work more than I have to. Even so, I'll gradually try to get myself back in the habit of being up at 3 or 4 AM, being ready to work a full 14 hours, then getting to bed shortly after I go on break. I'll be able to take a day off if I run out of hours to work, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment