Friday, February 1, 2008

Miami, FL

I'm getting unloaded right now, so I'll just type as much as I can while I'm sitting here. I was slightly late getting here due to construction and traffic, but it doesn't seem to have mattered. What does matter, however, are the implications on my next load. The place I'm picking up from closes for the weekend at 4:30PM Eastern today and there's just about no chance that I can make it there in time right now. Even if I were to be freed immediately to go, I'd have to contend with traffic in the city and lower speed limits, rendering it virtually impossible. Worse, there's nowhere for me to park my truck for the weekend if I do miss this pick up, nor is there another load for me to take, apparently. If I do make it or they just stay open later, I'll at least be able to get it delivered on time; I have until 9PM Eastern tomorrow night to make it up to Atlanta.

In any case, I just have to look at my directions for now and cross my fingers. This is going to be a really close one.

No comments:

Post a Comment