Friday, February 29, 2008

Carlisle, PA

Well, dispatch seems to be having one of those days where they just don't give a damn what the drivers want. I had originally put down available at 9AM this morning, but when I slept like crap last night, I changed that to 8PM so I could sleep all day and actually drive safely instead of driving tired. But an hour and a half later, I got a work assignment for a relay from the OC here that is for a 4:30PM live unload at a facility 143 miles away. In other words, I have to start working by 1PM, at the latest, even after I sent in a message saying that I couldn't until 8 o'clock.

Needless to say (but, of course, I'm saying it anyway), I'm furious right now, since even a simple request for some sleep seems to be something too difficult for them to handle. As soon as I post this, I'll have to go fuel the truck, get the paperwork for this load, find the trailer, and hit the highway. I might be able to catch a nap while they're unloading the rig, but I don't know just how helpful that's going to be. Even more aggravating is that this unload won't be finished until 8:30PM, at which point every truck stop in the goddamned state will be full, ensuring that I don't have anywhere to park the truck.

If this happens again any time soon, I'll just be asking them why they even bother asking when we're available, since this is NOT the first time they've completely disregarded the information I've given to them to force me into taking a load that I couldn't possibly accept under the information I've given them.

No comments:

Post a Comment