Saturday, February 9, 2008

Beech Island, SC

Wow, I... truly am at a loss for words here. I went in to check on my load after about a two hour nap and find that it's still only 86% loaded. Why? Because they're short on one product for the order. So, to recap: I'm at the manufacturer and they're short on their own product. So I have to wait here for them to actually make 131 cases of whatever it is they're short of. I think that I'm going to just go back to sleep for another two hours since, at the rate this is going, it'll be about that long.

At least I'm going to rack up a rather hefty amount of detention pay for this; since this load was supposed to be ready at 4:30PM and I was already here at that time, I can claim any delay past that moment for detention pay. I've already chalked up $45 for it being more than six hours; if it reaches nine hours (1:30AM Eastern), I'll get $60 for doing absolutely nothing. And my 11 and 14 hour days don't start until I actually begin to work, so I'll still be able to put in the 600+ miles I plan on driving today, barring any major traffic problems. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment