Sunday, August 26, 2007

Training #9: Tools for the road

All we did today was classroom work. For the first time in a week, we didn't do a single mile of driving. The morning session consisted of hazmat discussion, and a full three hour lecture on it. While I was rather unsure of the stuff before, it's apparently not as complicated as I thought, and I'm pretty sure I'll pass the state test to get my endorsement when I get my CDL.

The afternoon session covered trip planning and all of its related details. It's not that complicated; the hardest part is going to be planning exactly where to stop for fuel and breaks without violating the 11-hour rule, stopping in the middle of nowhere, or stopping too early to keep a delivery appointment. We were released early today as well, which was nice; I'll be using the extra time to finish my homework early and get an early dinner at McDonald's. I've had enough of the cafeteria food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment