Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Training #12: On the Road Again

The morning session consisted of one lesson: the Qualcomm satellite system inside all the trucks. While I understood it from the book, the classroom session still took four hours for everyone else to catch up. I was struggling to stay awake after the first hour because everything was moving so slowly. Even so, getting out of the class at 11AM was a nice change... the not-so-nice thing is that my road instructor was being a dick today. He had a meeting at noon, got out at 12:30, took half an hour for lunch, then another half hour just sitting next to me in the truck reading something. So it was 1:30 before we got out driving. While out driving, the instructor spent about a third of his time on the cell phone and continually bitched about not wanting to come into work on Monday. Within half an hour I didn't want to be there. We only spent three hours out on the road, and due to some rather nasty weather I only did 95 miles, but at least I resisted the urge to snap back at the bitchy instructor. I really hope he doesn't keep that attitude up tomorrow.

As an aside, apparently the final for road driving is tomorrow, not today. I really don't know what, if anything, he's going to do for it; he really doesn't seem to give a damn lately. Our written final exam is Friday morning, and after that, we're free to go wherever we want for the weekend. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, but I really hope to do something at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment