Thursday, August 30, 2007

Training #13: Outer Loop

Morning: We covered the various odds and ends that didn't really fit in with anything else. We discussed our benefits (which are awesome), railroad crossings, fatigue, theft prevention, rail operations, time management, money management, and a few other things that I'd have to look at my notes to recall. They were all short presentations; the longest was just over a half hour. We were released early for an extended lunch break, too, since everything was done by 10:45.

Afternoon: Today was my last day on the road as a trainee. I finally saw my grade sheet, which showed me as passing the course, and received the various paperwork I need to have on hand to hand to my training engineer once I get out on the road. We took a spin around I-485, on which I did 63 miles an hour for much of the way, while going through moderate traffic. That was quite fun; I really think I'm going to love being out on the open road like that. We finished early (a little after 3), after I did 68 miles in an hour and a half. Turns out I as being tested yesterday and the instructor didn't tell me, but I passed the test anyway. I've officially completed the road portion of the course.

Tomorrow is the final written exam, which consists of 50 questions. We'll also be given various presentations by various people, including our boss, so we have some idea of who to talk to if problems come up. We should be done between 2 and 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon; we're free to go for the weekend after that. CDL week starts Monday at 7AM.

1 comment:

  1. Comgrats on passing your driving test. I hope the written goes just as well for you.

    - Zordrak Shadowfang / Zakram

    ReplyDelete