Thursday, November 22, 2007

West Memphis, AR

Yesterday was an exceptionally long day; I used up my entire 14 hours and worked all of it except for an hour-long lunch break. I started in Pauls Valley, OK, fueled in Oklahoma City, picked up a load in Jenks, and ended up in West Memphis, AR. Picking up that load, as usual, had its share of problems: the trailer had no license plate and its tandems wouldn't stay in place, making it impossible to slide them. If not for those problems, I would have left Jenks around 4:30; instead, it was nearly 6:30 when I got back out on the road.

But, I made it (barely), so I'll be going inside and enjoying the company-offered Thanksgiving dinner, getting a shower, and getting on the road again. I was originally planning on spending tonight in Atlanta, at the OC there, but I think that I'll continue down the Interstate and stop closer to Macon, GA instead. That will free up two extra hours for tomorrow, when I'll probably be going home; I'll want the extra time so I'm not cutting it so close again.

No comments:

Post a Comment