Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pauls Valley, OK

Monday, 1:15 p.m.: After a good night sleep, a hot shower, and a quick breakfast, I get the road around 11:45 a.m. I actually got a message asking me to call any confirm I can deliver this on time, since I have to drive about 580 miles deliver it and generally trips of over 550 miles a day are discouraged. I'll be able to deliver it without a problem, but I'll have no driving time left, forcing me to stop for the night at the nearest truckstop to where I'm delivering.

Monday, 2:45 p.m.: I made a short stop for lunch in Rolla, Missouri. I'm still about 4:45 away from Tulsa, where I plan on stopping for dinner. After that, it's three more hours to where I'm delivering. So far, everything has gone fine. I just hope that continues.

Monday, 3:55 p.m.: I'm 35 miles from Springfield, Missouri. Things are still pretty much on schedule and I should have no problem making this delivery by midnight. Traffic has been fairly light so far, but I hope I'm not in any city when rush-hour hits, and traffic always get snarled around five.

Monday, 9:40 p.m.: things are still going according to plan. I'll probably deliver this around 11:30 then drive to a truckstop for the night. I'm hoping to shut down by midnight so I can start at 10 o'clock in the morning but that will depend in large part on how hard it is to drop the trailer.

Tuesday, 12:10 a.m.: I dropped my load, but I have to pick up a trailer before I can leave. I'm cutting it kind of close on my 14 today, but I'll still be able to get out of here before my time is up. I have no idea where I'm going tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll find out first thing in the morning.

Tuesday, 1:15 a.m.: amazingly, despite there being three truckstops at this exit, none of them had parking. I invented a parking space at the end of the row and I'm hoping I don't get in trouble for it. At least I'm not blocking traffic or anything of that sort. I sent in a message telling them I'll be available at 11:15 a.m. so I have plenty of time to sleep and get breakfast before I have to hit the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment