Sunday, November 4, 2007

Indianapolis, IN - Hour by Hour

11:52 a.m.: I'm on my way north on I-75, heading toward Chattanooga, Tennessee. Just over the state line, I'll pick up I24, one of several interstates I need to take today. I'm still nearly 9 hours from Indianapolis, but I should get there in pretty good time.

3:04 p.m.: stopping for lunch. Thankfully, since it's Sunday, all the truckstops will be relatively slow.

3:51 p.m.: back on the road again. Right now, the sun's at a very awkward angle; it's too low to block using the sun visor, but still high enough to shine over the trees and right in my eyes. The sun is almost directly to my left, making it very difficult to use my mirrors effectively.

40 3 p.m.: It's really rather uneventful drive so far. The only thing of interest is the police force. I don't think I've driven 20 miles all day without seeing at least one officer with somebody pulled over. I really wish I had more, interesting things to say, but I just don't right now.

7:24 p.m.: I'm 5 miles into Indiana now. Since the loop around Indianapolis is exit 106, I've just over 100 miles to go. Once on the loop, I only have about 10 more miles, since the exit I need isn't very far.

8:41 p.m.: I'm only 35 miles from Indianapolis, but now I'm stuck in construction. One of the lanes is closed, but none of these idiots in four wheelers seem to want to actually move into the lane that's open. Since there have been multiple signs over the last several miles, I really don't have any sympathy for them. Even more obnoxious is that people are still whipping around to try and pass, despite the traffic jam.

9:13 p.m.: Finally, I'm out of that mess. This leaves me about 27 miles from the operating center. I'm fairly sure I still have enough time to get there, but today was already close, and losing half an hour to construction zones never helps. Then again, I'm not sure if my logbook's correct anyway, simply 'cause I'm not 100% sure how to reflect the daylight savings change.

9:45 p.m.: I'm here. Now I just get to close out the logbook and sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment