Thursday, November 15, 2007

Iowa 80 truckstop

Tuesday, 4:30 p.m.: I was supposed to stop for fuel in Des Moines, Iowa, but I couldn't find a truckstop I was supposed to fuel at. I mean, I was supposed to take exit 126 to the pilot, but there were no signs indicating which direction to turn to find said pilot area rather than make a turn and risk being wrong, I stopped right back on the interstate. It's pretty much impossible to read fuel map all driving, I have enough fuel to get were ongoing tonight and can find somewhere tomorrow morning.

Tuesday, 4:55 p.m.: since traffic thinned out, I'd filled with the map for a little bit. It turns out there are no fuel stops whatsoever between where I am now where I'm delivering. While, technically, I do have enough fuel to get there, I'd be running on empty on my way out. Hopefully the place and stopping tonight is an emergency backup stop; if so, I'll put in 50 gallons to ensure I don't run out.

Wednesday, 8:50 a.m.: On my way out of the Iowa 80 now. I'm cutting it a little close on my delivery, but I will still make it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment