Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pittston, PA - Here we go again

After getting significantly more time off for Thanksgiving than originally planned, I'm out on the road again. Things have started off easily enough, at least for the most part. I picked up a load in Mobile, stopped in Charlotte Sunday night... then had the displeasure of arguing with the mechanics there as they flagged my trailer as being out of service for a tire issue that they outright refused to identify. That's right: they refused to let me leave but wouldn't tell me why. I lost over an hour due to that crap, leaving me just enough time to drive 580 miles with a single stop for dinner.

Upon arriving around 10:30 PM last night, I dropped the loaded trailer, called operations, and found out that they didn't have anything up here. A short drive later, I parked at a truck stop for the night. Now, almost fourteen hours later, I'm still sitting here and waiting for something from ops. I just called them once more and was told I should have something "in five to ten minutes." I'll double-check the Qualcomm shortly, but I'm hoping they give me something that takes me over toward Indianapolis or Chicago; my truck's due for maintenance in a couple days and it'd be nice to get it done at one of our better shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment