Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gary, IN - Air leaks

Yesterday was a pretty simple day, though it again reaffirmed my dislike for a particular corporation. I drove straight there from Evergreen, pulled up to the gate, told them I was there to drop a trailer... and told that I was not dropping it but instead had to wait on a live unload and that I'd have to go to a facility a good 10 minute drive away to do it. They assured me that it would take fifteen minutes tops; in reality, I wasted over an hour to that crap. While I was being unloaded I called in to ops to find out about another load and got assigned something out of the same facility. So after being unloaded I headed back over them, gave them my information... and once again was told to go somewhere else, to a third warehouse this time. The load wasn't supposed to be ready for me to get live loaded until the next morning, but they'd actually preloaded a trailer and had the paperwork ready. Once that was done, I went to the nearest truck stop and called it a day.

This morning started off early enough; I was on the road before 3 AM and just ran straight through except for a brief stop in Indianapolis to check on a tire. Aside from that, I continued to Gary and arrived here around 12:15 this afternoon. Upon arriving I pulled straight to the shop as the trailer's within its inspection window and I apparently damaged an air line in the dash during my pre-trip inspection yesterday. Rather than writing it up there, they sent me directly over to the express bay, which certainly didn't help my mood; Gary has the slowest "express" shop in the entire company. I was waiting in line almost 45 minutes before they even got me in here, then had to spend several minutes explaining to the tech why an annual inspection sticker that says "due 1/10" means the trailer's within its maintenance window right now.

It's going on 1:30 now and I still am waiting inside the shop for them to finish repairs. After the guy finished the trailer job, he was ready for me to leave until I said my truck's still out of service. They identified the problem quickly enough, but it's going to take an hour to fix it and they're not even going to start working on the thing until they get another truck out of the way first. I still haven't eaten or showered yet today, so I'm really losing my patience for this stuff. At this point I wish they had just written it up so I could get out of the darn truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment