Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Evergreen, AL - Come hell or high water...

My first day back on the road after a weekend off got off to a particularly rough start. Not because of anything in the truck, mind you, but because it was nigh impossible to even make it to the pumpkin! As a result of major flooding in southern Alabama, I had to go about a hundred miles out of the way to make it here, more than doubling the distance. This led to me being nearly five hours late getting to the truck and left me little time to do anything other than grab an empty trailer and head to pick up my first load.

The trip to the shipper was pretty easy: a straight shot west on US 84. It took roughly 45 minutes to make the trip, leaving me just 45 minutes to spare on the pick up window. Once there, things went incredibly fast. I was in and out of the facility in under twenty minutes. Rather than take back roads through rural Alabama, I decided to just come right back here and call it a day early. I just didn't want to chance running across any other flooding, nor brave unfamiliar roads at night, nor do much of anything on relatively little sleep. Tomorrow's another day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment