Monday, December 8, 2008

LaGrange, GA - (Un)professional drivers

Things were going great today right up until I got to the truck stop here. There's a McDonald's with truck parking just in front of the Pilot here; getting into both requires a left turn. I was waiting to turn and, in the driveway, a cop had pulled another trucker over. I had room to turn until a damn four-wheeler pulled right into the center of the open space, ensuring that I couldn't get around him. When he started forward, he continued to block me by pulling so close to the front of my truck that I couldn't move without hitting him. Just as the idiot finally got out of my way, the cop left and the trucker pulled into the one open space at the McDonald's.

Given that I had to wait nearly ten minutes to turn due to traffic, that put me in a bad enough mood. Going into the truck stop and finding that there's no parking at all this early at night didn't help my mood either; a truck stop should not be completely full at 5:30 in the afternoon. As I came back out, I looped around the McDonald's parking to see if a space had opened; as I drove by the space the ticketed driver had taken, he left. I didn't have enough room to get into it from the other direction, so I tried to go out and back around. Of course, another "professional" driver was blocking the driveway, blocking me in. And, of course, just as the other driver got out of my way, another trucker speeding out of the truck stop took the open space. I have a sore throat now from the string of obscenities I was screaming at my windshield.

While I was still waiting to get into the McDonald's, since I still had to use that lot to turn around now, yet another driver left. This time, I made a few decidedly unprofessional moves myself, but I'm parked in that spot right now. I'm getting out of here as soon as my ten hour break is up. I never want to see this truck stop again.

2 comments:

  1. Holy hell, I'm near LaGrange right now. XD In the Love's at Hogansville just up the road. I've only got enough time to sleep and run though. have to drive 600 miles tomorrow to even have a slight chance to deliver my load.

    btw, is your phone acting up? I no longer get your usual voicemail greeting through grand central, and been trying to reach ya for a couple days

    ReplyDelete
  2. We form the triangle of hell then. Well we did. I am in Guntersville, AL at the moment o.o

    ReplyDelete