Monday, December 1, 2008

East Point, GA - Appointments? What are those?

I received several messages over the weekend telling me that this is a critically important, cannot be even one minute late delivery. So I end up busting my tail over the weekend and get moving as early as possible this morning to try and ensure that I'm not late. I've never seen traffic on 285 moving this smoothly during rush hour, but perhaps I just got through before the backups reached that part of the loop; traffic on 75 south was more trouble than I'm used to.

When I arrived here about 8 AM (eastern), I walked in and handed over my paperwork... only to be told that they don't even do appointments at 9 AM, which is what I'd been told my time was for. They say they'll get to me after the truck that is currently being unloaded. He leaves, I back into the dock, then go in to hand over my paperwork. While I'm waiting, two other Schneider drivers come up, one of whom also was told to get here at nine. They don't even have enough floor space to unload one trailer full of rolls now, much less to accommodate three of us, so I'm currently waiting for them to make room just so they can start unloading me.

Freight in the area is a bit of a question mark right now. I was told that it probably will be a longer wait today, but that I should call and ask about things when they do finish unloading the trailer. If I get some work, that'd be nice, since I could at least earn some good mileage. If not, then I might be stuck going to the Atlanta OC (eww) and probably be forced to get maintenance done on the truck since something is due to be done today. Whatever ends up happening, I just hope that I get to know about it at least slightly in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment