Saturday, December 6, 2008

Indianapolis, IN - Snow, snow, more snow.

For various reasons - some work related, some not - I ended up sleeping rather late today. And by the time I woke up, there was quite a bit of snow on the ground and reports were coming in from all over the place warning that the road conditions were treacherous, at best.

The result? I'm 641 miles from the place I'm delivering and I have until 9 PM EST tomorrow to get there. I'll probably leave from here rather early tomorrow - hopefully by 6 AM, but maybe as early as 4 - and driving with as few stops as possible to ensure that I get there in time. The good news is that there's a truck stop at the same exit as my delivery point in South Carolina, so at least there's a pretty good chance that I'll have somewhere to park when I'm done. As for freight, there's no telling what will happen, but it'll definitely be Monday morning since I won't have any hours to go anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment