Wednesday, September 10, 2008

West Memphis, AR - Racing the storm

Well, this is a familiar predicament. I'm en route to a place that's threatened by a tropical cyclone. In this case, it's Ike, bearing down on the Texas Gulf Coast. However, I should be able to deliver this load either late tomorrow afternoon or first thing Friday morning, hopefully before everything gets shut down, if indeed they do force an evacuation. However, given how many people are on the coast and how long it would take to actually evacuate everyone, I'm not so sure about that. I'll just keep checking the radio every few hours to ensure that there haven't been any more evacuation orders posted and hope for the best. At least I'm not going to be down there on the same day it makes landfall, assuming they can find some freight to get me out of there; the last time I dealt with a tropical storm (Fay) I was delivering on the very same morning it made landfall.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, hun. You'd better make it out alive. I need someone to go to Buffalo Wild Wings with! >:O

    ReplyDelete