Monday, September 29, 2008

Waddy, KY - Long days ahead

Thanks to all the problems last night, I'm going to just barely make delivery on this load. I'm pretty sure I can make it, since I have about 360 miles to go (I think) and a little under eight hours to get there once I get off my break. I can't afford to take any more time on break than the DOT requires, but if things go well (for once) I should at least be able to make a stop for an early lunch on my way to the consignee. There's conflicting information on this load, though: the work assignment specifies "at" noon while the notes say "by" noon. It doesn't make much difference in this case since there's a very slim chance I'd be there before 11 AM anyway. Hopefully they'll be able to find me another decent load right away; I'm doing pretty decently right now and I'd really like to keep up the positive momentum while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment