Friday, September 5, 2008

Indianapolis, IN - In the shop again

When I arrived in Indy this evening, I had to drop a trailer for a relay, then went to the shop to put my truck in for all the things that Atlanta didn't fix. As soon as I said the truck needed an alignment, the mechanic just glanced at my steer tires and said "Yeah, those are shot." I'm confident that I'll get everything fixed this time. Though it'll be about Tuesday by the time I'm done waiting on repair (assuming they stay on schedule) it'll be worth it to get all those things fixed. I'm just annoyed that Atlanta didn't fix them the first time.

I'm also somewhat annoyed that operations gave me a work assignment even after I'd written the truck up; I sent a message back telling them that my truck is in the shop and I will not be able to make the delivery. I left them my cell phone number and told them that they could call me if they absolutely, positively had to, but so far I've not gotten a call back. Knowing my luck, I'll get chewed out on Monday for missing the delivery appointment even though I explicitly said that I couldn't take the load due to truck repair. They'd probably have me take a loaner truck again if I actually called them myself, but I'd like to avoid that mess since it took so long to return the loaner last time, resulting in the sort of anemic paycheck I can't afford right now.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep to enjoy yet another couple of days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment