Sunday, September 28, 2008

Big Island, VA - Exactly on schedule

Even though I'm here at a manufacturer, I'm stuck waiting for "about an hour" for them to get ready to load my trailer with product. I don't see how these guys can't have the product ready to go several hours in advance; it's not like there are a lot of other trucks getting loaded and they can't keep up. I now have the dilemma of either taking my break here tonight and leaving as quickly as possible in the morning or trying to make about 200 miles tonight and putting myself within one more day's drive of my delivery. Sure, this thing has to be delivered at noon on Tuesday, but the closer I can get to the place on Monday, the easier that task becomes. If I play my cards just right, I could even get to take my break Monday night near St. Louis, where we have an operating center, so I can at least be sure of having a parking space and a shower. However, that requires I get loaded and feel up to driving another three to four hours, which I may or may not want to do. That decision will come after I have a full trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment