Thursday, September 18, 2008

Red Boiling Spring, TN - Time is of the essence

I was quite happy after I got my trailer unloaded at the last customer; what I had been told would take three hours ended up taking only 30 minutes and I looked like I'd have enough time to pick my next load up before I went on break. Of course, given the way things have been lately, you can imagine how it wouldn't be that easy. Turns out that this isn't a pre-loaded trailer like I'd been told. I was assured it would be an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes before I was loaded; it's been 45 minutes and they've not even started working my trailer yet. This is a big problem because the nearest truck stop I know of is a whopping 67 miles away, most of that on secondary roads, and I only have until 6:30 before I'm out of time for the night. If I were out of here by the top of the hour, there'd at least be a chance I could make it; if I'm not out by 5:15 I'm going to have to get really, really creative with the paperwork. I'm also going to rip customer service a new one when I call in tomorrow morning; this makes three out of my last four loads that they've completely screwed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment