Sunday, January 13, 2008

Knoxville, TN

Toady was a rather uneventful day, but compared to all the incidents the last couple of days, I'll take 'uneventful'. I dropped the trailer off somewhere that I had enough room to simply whip around and back it straight in, so that wasn't an issue. And since I don't have a trailer right now, parking at the truck stop was trivially easy. My current trip plan has me driving about 500 miles tomorrow (well, technically, today since it's almost 1:30AM), which in turn leaves me about 500 more miles to go the next day. I'll be stopping in the West Memphis operating center - my home OC - on the way, though I might also stop in Dallas since that would be a rather short detour. To any other drivers that are reading this, which do you think the company would prefer? That I took a break just before making a delivery and left myself a full day's hours to go or that I delivered it and then had to immediately go on break since I had almost no time left to work?

Anyway, as an added bonus, this run lets me start driving mostly at night again, since I can take the extra several hours that I'd need to burn to get back on a night schedule. I just have to make this pick up at exactly 6PM, or at least as close to it as I can manage; the rest of this run will be easy to do since I have about an extra day to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment