Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gainesville, FL

After a rather long day I've made it a rather short distance. I dropped off the load I've been sitting on for the last two days, only to get another work assignment that also stinks. This one is longer - about 480 miles - but is a hand unload at 5:30AM Tuesday morning. As such, I have to get up around 3AM, drive 75 miles (there are no closer truck stops), unload it, and hope that I get a decent run on the way back out of south Florida. I usually do - I haven't had one under 1,000 miles yet - but I still am rather frustrated at how unproductive this weekend has been.

I had a drive tire blow out on me earlier today, which certainly put a damper on things; I should have been able to get a lot further tonight than I did. As it was, both truck stops down here were full, forcing me to go back to an Interstate rest area for the evening. Tomorrow needs to be a better day than today; I'll be too frustrated if it isn't. @_@

No comments:

Post a Comment