Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hendersonville, SC

Today was definitely one of those days. I started it off by oversleeping by two hours, then I got lost trying to find a customer, resulting in me nearly causing at least three accidents and having to turn around on a dead-end street with barely enough room to do so. I also had to detour around a major accident that had Interstate 4 closed for about 15 miles, which cost me nearly an hour. Then, near Jacksonville, construction had traffic so screwed up I had to drive down the left shoulder; the right two lanes were closed and there were only two lanes to begin with!

When it came time to shut down, about an hour before my 14-hour-day ran out, I started to look around. But NOTHING had any parking spaces. I checked two truck stops, two rest areas, and a weigh station, all to no avail. Ultimately, right now, I'm parked quasi-legally in a rest area; this isn't a parking space, but I'm not blocking traffic in any way, so I hope that I'll be okay. I've already had a panic attack worrying about getting harrassed by the DOT over this. I really, really hope that nothing else goes wrong. I don't think I can take any more right now.

I need a hug. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment