Monday, January 21, 2008

Grand Rapids, MI

Up here in the frozen north and, well, freezing. Last night the low was a mere 4 degrees, which in turn meant I had to leave the tractor on all night, not that I minded leaving the heater running at full-blast. I had to get taken off my previous work assignment since I couldn't make the pick up on time (I needed to take my break first), but in turn got a much better assignment, so I can't complain too much. The only problem with it is that I have to get going as soon as possible and I really, really cannot afford to lose any time due to inclement weather. As it is, if I don't have a trailer to pick up in the next half hour or so, I'm at a very high risk of being late for the deliver since it's a 480 mile drive and I'll have a mere 10 hours available to actually drive if I get out of here at midnight it's much later than that, there's just about no chance at all of me making this, which is bound to piss off customer service since I had to convince them that I could do this. Granted, a delay at the shipper is not my fault, but that isn't going to make service any happier about it. I just have to hope the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment