Saturday, January 26, 2008

Edwardsville, IL

After having to sleep at a customer last night, I woke up and immediately picked up the load. Thanks to a bit of good luck (for a change), I was able to drive all the way down to deliver it in one go, without having to take a break, which allowed me to deliver it on time despite all the potential problems with the load. I still got lost trying to find the place, which resulted in even more frustration; why can't the directions I get from the company be more useful?

That gripe aside, I still got off the load and put my truck in the shop for a minor repair. Specifically, they're looking at the utility lights that are supposed to operate when the truck is either parked or in reverse; they're not working when the truck's in reverse, which makes backing even more difficult because I can't see a blasted thing. I told them that I need the truck by 8PM, though really, if it's done by even 10 o'clock I'll be fine. My next load is exactly 300 miles and gets live-unloaded tomorrow at 6AM, so I'll just drive through the night to deliver it, then hope they have something good waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment