Thursday, September 6, 2007

Training #18: Leaving Charlotte

Morning: We went out onto the yard and practiced out pre-trip and backing maneuvers one last time here in Charlotte. I still don't have the slightest idea of how the alley dock is supposed to work, since once again I thought I did the same thing three times and once again had three different results, none of which were favorable. While I know how to correct my mistakes (sorta), I'd rather not continually screw up in so many different ways that I can't figure out what the problem is. At least I'm pretty sure I'll pass the pre-trip portion of the exam without a problem.

Afternoon: Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. First, though, everyone got a pair of company-issue boots. Then we met with a few people and got our driver number, fuel card, log book, and various other information. One thing I found out that I really didn't appreciate is that we're expected to be in Evergreen, AL on Saturday and not Monday as we've been told all week. Thus, my plans for the weekend have been completely up-ended. However, I also found out that I have my CDL test on Tuesday at 11:45AM. There's also a roughly one-week waiting period to get a training engineer, so I'll have an entire week free to do (more or less) as I want. I plan on spending some of that time hanging out with people I couldn't spend time with this weekend, due to the awkward scheduling, but I'm not sure what to do after that. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment