Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Training #16: Heating Up

I'm really not sure where the last several hours went. We worked on blind (passenger) side parallel parking and offset backing today, but the heat and sun combined to make me feel really unwell. I'm feeling somewhat better now, after sitting down and getting food, but I'm getting worried that I'll fare even worse tomorrow, since it's forecast to be another four degrees hotter.

As for the actual driving, I didn't do so well, probably due to my physical incapacity. I tried to parallel park the wrong side. I couldn't even keep left and right straight from one another. I think I have the parallel parking figured out - I at least know where I went wrong - but the offset parking is still a mystery to me. Even after doing it a couple times (badly), I don't know how to do it properly or how to correct the various mistakes I made. I was hoping to get a second try in the truck, but we ran out of time. I really hope that, next time, I'm in better condition to learn.

I also heard today that we're supposed to be in Evergreen, AL Monday morning, not Wednesday. If all goes well, we might be getting tested for our CDLs next Wednesday. I still need to find out who is responsible for scheduling and planning those things so I can plan the weekend accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment