Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pensacola, FL - Relay race

Amazingly, operations actually did something useful for a change. Over the weekend I'd been assigned a load that is to deliver in south Florida Wednesday night. Normally I wouldn't complain about getting 1,250 miles out of Laredo, TX, but I was supposed to be home Wednesday afternoon and - if I delivered the load - I wouldn't have enough time on my seventy to get home before Friday. The weekend shift was being entirely unhelpful as well; when I complained they sent back a snarky message defending the work assignment as getting me closer to home, even though it only moved me from a place 775 miles away to a place 525 away.

So I got a hold of my guy in first shift yesterday morning, explained the situation, and he said he was going to work on a relay. A few hours later - after I'd parked here in town - I received a call telling me to relay the load off somewhere else today and just head home after that. Thus, all I need to do today is get to the truck, do my pre trip, drive 30 miles to the truck stop in question, drop off the trailer, then drive 30 miles back to Pensacola and enjoy a beautiful weekend off. I'll be heading back out on Monday, June 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment