Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jacksonville, FL - Who wants the what now?

After a rather annoyingly schedule run yesterday that delivered here in Jacksonville today, I have yet another assignment: a zero mile run. Yes, that's right, zero miles; every stop is within the city limits of Jacksonville. From the consignee for my last load to the drop lot with this loaded trailer was half a mile; from there to the load's consignee was another 4.3. I'll get a flat $25 for that, too, which works very much in my favor.

Of course, that's assuming that we ever can get the freight off the trailer. There's no bill of lading for this load. The guard at the drop lot said that all the paperwork should have been left with the trailer; since it's not there, she claimed, the other driver must have forgotten to leave it. After 35 minutes on hold to try talk with ops, I was given a rough explanation: it's a return load. Therefore, a bill of lading likely doesn't exist in the first place. I was given information to write up a bill of our own, but as soon as I handed it to the receiving office here they handed it back and said they can't accept those. So now I'm playing Qualcomm tag with operations trying to get someone to create a bill of lading and fax it here because they've explicitly said they won't accept the load until they have an original copy of that from the load's shipper.

I just received word that they've gotten in touch with the shipper (whoever they're holding responsible for this, anyway) and that it should be getting sent shortly. It's just really annoying that we have to go through all these hoops just to get a single pallet of freight unloaded...

No comments:

Post a Comment