Thursday, October 4, 2007

Road Training #11: Over and Done

Turns out that my trainer was due for some time at home, so we're already back in Charlotte. As I type this, I'm waiting on the hotel shuttle; I'll be staying in a Comfort Inn until Monday. I, unfortunately, did not pass everything. So before my actual qualification test, I'll be taking a "skills assessment" on cornering and backing. Basically, this consists of another trainer coming out and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and help me fix it. I hope that will go well. Though when we got back to Charlotte around 2PM, we spent some time working on backing in the yard, and out of three or four moves, I only had to pull up one time. The only time that I had a problem was when we were trying to pull into a space on the right (the blind side) and there just wasn't the space to get around properly. The trainer even needed about six pull-ups to get it in there.

So, as it stands right now, I'm not responsible for anything over the weekend. I have my qualification test Monday. If I pass that, I'll be getting the keys to a truck on Tuesday. It's going to be a very, very nervous day, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment