Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Off we ... go?

This morning at 9AM, I was supposed to be down there to meet with the manager (I'm not going to try and keep up with the acronyms they keep using :p), but it turns out that I've been assigned to someone based out of Arkansas, so I merely was able to make a phone call and very briefly tell him what's going on.

So what is going on, you ask?

Turns out that the truck that I'd been assigned still hasn't been cleaned out by the person who had it last and the shop won't touch it until he/she comes back to collect his/her belongings. We did some asking around and ultimately talked them into getting the cleaning staff to box up those belongings, but it will still be at least tomorrow morning before the truck is ready to go. I'm supposed to check out of the hotel by 11AM and go down there tomorrow to see what's going on; if it's not ready, I'll have to turn around and check right back in again.

At least the trip wasn't a total waste, though. I found out a few things, after all. I also bought some new clothes and a truck stop guide, since the OC was having a clearance sale on a lot of items; I have an entire bag worth of stuff that I paid just $20 for. I also should be getting layover pay for this, since it's not my fault that I'm sitting in the hotel room right now, so that should be somewhere between $50 and $100. It's still rather annoying, though; I was ready to go this morning and I'm still not going anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. There are worse fates than being paid for sitting in a hotel room. :D

    ReplyDelete