Friday, October 19, 2007

Communication & Trip Planning

While I was supposed to be home this weekend, due to some communication problems, it looks like there's a bit of a kink in the works now. I called the trip planner to ask why I was getting sent somewhere 400 miles away from where I live, and she gave me a rather short answer, told me I shouldn't have called to complain, and took me off the load without giving any explanation or reasoning. I then got a message to call my manager, who basically said that it is a time at home request and, while they try to get you home close as they can, there are no guarantees. Annoyingly, she said that if I had taken that load I was initially assigned, I would have been able to pick up a relay that went right by the house, but the trip planner never explained that to me.

So what does this mean? I'm going to pick a relay up here and deliver it somewhere just outside of Atlanta. There apparently isn't anything coming out of Atlanta that's going my way, though, which makes it very difficult for them to get me home. The good news is that, no matter what, I still get my three days off; they just might be a different three days than I was initially told. The bad news is that I might be waiting for a while for freight going that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment