Monday, March 9, 2009

Ontario, CA - Uncertainty

After a week off, the usual guy I talk to came in today, which left him rather clueless as to what happened Monday and Tuesday. We (I and the other people in ops) filled him in as to the situation, though he's going to have to make some phone calls and try to work something out. One of the bigger problems is that our west coast operations are regional, so trucks out here generally need to stay out here, keeping me from simply taking one that's not currently in use. Though he wanted to avid ruling anything out, it seems rather unlikely that I'll be assigned another tractor while down here in Los Angeles. If they can't do that, then I'll most likely be taking a rental car from here to either pick up a tractor back east or (equally likely) simply go home and take extra time off.

I'm supposed to call back at 1:30 PM Central to find out what the verdict is. At that time I should at least know whether I'm going back to work or whether I'm unexpectedly getting most of the month of March off.

No comments:

Post a Comment