Sunday, February 22, 2009

West Memphis, AR - Long morning ahead

After delivering my load in Michigan, I was given a load going down to Mississippi. Given the length of the trip, I took a detour through Indianapolis to get maintenance done. I wanted to spend the weekend up there and relay the load off, but the shop was working remarkably fast; despite a rather long list of write-ups, they had it done by dinner time on Saturday. Since that was too late in the day to do anything useful, I left from there first thing this morning and came down here to the Memphis area. From here, I still have about 225 miles to go to my delivery and I'll have a little over four hours to do it in the morning. That's cutting it closer than I'd like, to say the least, but it should be doable barring any sort of calamity. The downside, though, is that Mississippi is a black hole for freight. If I'm not stuck down there for at least a day, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment