Friday, December 7, 2007

Cherry Hill, NJ

Yes, New Jersey. There's really not much here, but I'm right in the middle of it, I suppose. I'm waiting at a customer to get loaded, so I really have nothing to do but kill time. The last few days have been fairly uneventful, really, though the weather has finally turned to snow. I haven't had to drive in active snow yet, but there is snow on the side of the road and I worry that ice is going to form on the highways. I will be coming back south with this load, though I'm not sure just how far I'll make it tonight. I hope to at least get to North Carolina.

Also, for anyone considering driving for Schneider, one driver made a very good point the other day. This is the time of year you want to start driving. Why? Well, you'll be learning how to drive in winter conditions, such that when spring rolls around and the weather improves, it'll just get easier. That's a lot better than I've done by going to the academy in the summer and learning under easy conditions, then having to adapt that to increasingly wintry conditions. Just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment