Monday, May 24, 2010

Further details on the dedicated account

I had a meeting with the account manager today. It went quite well, so I'm hugely relieved in that regard. The discussion today answered all the questions I could think of, plus I finally checked out the truck that I'll be using for now. Some of the news was great, some of it was less-than-thrilling, but overall I'm still going to be in a much more stable work environment and making considerably more than I was pulling in over the road. I also received my first work assignment for the account, one that will require me to drive about 160 miles before 6 AM tomorrow.

Now, allow me to address some of the questions that people have asked me since I posted the previous entry.
  1. What is a dedicated account? It's an account on which I'll be consistently pulling freight for the same customer. I still work for Schneider; I'm just consistently taking loads for one company instead of anyone with a box full of stuff. Usually dedicated accounts come with higher pay, better mileage, more consistent routes, and/or additional home time.
  2. Who am I pulling things for? I can't answer that publicly. If you know me personally, though, shoot me a message and I'll discuss it.
  3. What sort of work schedule will I have? This week is somewhat uncertain, as I'm still technically in training for the account. After that, however, I'll actually have a fixed route each week. I'll be making the same trips to the same places week in and week out. I won't be home every night, as I originally thought, but I will be home two nights a week and have a consistent two-and-a-half day weekend. That weekend may or may not be Saturday and Sunday though; I might end up with Tuesday and Wednesday or some other combination.
If anyone else can think of a relevant question, just poke me about it and I'll update this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment