Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day two of dedicated

Today was a somewhat more strenuous day than yesterday. While I had almost two hours less of driving, the unload took almost two hours longer given the way that it was set up. My arms are still sore from all that extra work. I'm also rather tired from having to get up around midnight for a second day in a row; I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever truly get used to it. Being home before noon was a nice perk though.

I also got some news regarding the account that I'll be working on most of the time: I start training for that account tomorrow. At 5 AM I'm supposed to meet another driver at that facility; I'll be working with him for about a week and a half to learn the new equipment and other quirks and perks of the account. I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but I hope the guy I'll be working with is a decent person. I'm not exactly looking forward to being cooped up in a truck with someone I don't know, even if it only for a few hours a day. But I'll have more information on that after it happens I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment