Monday, August 31, 2009

Tulsa, OK - There's no place like home, if you can get to it

The weekend was a bit of a mess, to say the least, but ultimately I just parked in Edwardsville, IL to do laundry and just relax for about half a day. I left there fairly late yesterday afternoon, stopped in Joplin, MO for the night, and left about three hours ago to make it down here for my delivery appointment. They're unloading me now, but once I'm out of here I get to head to Muskogee to pick up my next load and head in the general direction of home. It'll put me in northern Mississippi, about half a day's drive from the place I usually park the truck, so it's conceivable I'll actually get home a day early for a change. Of course that's entirely speculative until I actually get my next work assignment, though I have talked to operations and asked them to get back to me with a plan soon as they can.

I also talked them into reimbursing me for a motel room while the truck was in the shop, fixing a few runs so I get paid for 150 miles worth of extra running around their screw ups caused me to do, and have a vague plan in place to get some personal things done by the end of the year. All of this means that things might at least be slightly less screwed up in the long run and I'm getting reimbursed for the things that go wrong in the short run. Not a bad morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment